Carlos "Charly" Sotelo is the second person to be hired in Mxthe's search for a programmer, however unlike the first coder(first coder was kicked off the team because he has made no work at all), Carlos actually made progress on Underhell.
NPCs / Ragdolls
- Implementing a dynamic/hammer editable bodygroups for NPCs. Even making a effective system for Hammer, IE. (BodyGroup - #) (Head - 4; Torso - 1)
- Developed a fully functional and reliable disemberment system.
- Added new system for AI, allowing them to detect defeated allies when a body is found. Turned on or off using Hammer Editor.
Minimizing Source Engine Limitations
- Allowed for multiple messages within the env_message entity. (1-16)
- Reworked the env_message to prioritize messages for easy usage.
- Implemented multiple inputs for the env_hudhint making it so that it sends the message from a target parameter(1-16).
- Stabilized and enhanced the env_global entity allowing for reliable bounce maps when transitioning.
- Updated the Source Engine to allow for multiple render targets rather then just one. This is useful for having multiple point_cameras all functioning at once for multiple screens.
- Implemented feature for weapons, when facing too close to a solid object the weapon will be unable to shoot.
- Created dynamic changes within NPC stats depending on bodygroups, such as a helmet.